Are you a Member of the NAACF?
You don’t want to get this Virus. The Bitterness Virus!
Battered by Bitterness? Or Freshened by Forgiveness?
“Work at getting along with each other and with God. Otherwise you’ll never get so much as a glimpse of God. Make sure no one gets left out of God’s generosity. Keep a sharp eye out for the weeds of bitter discontent. A thistle or two gone to seed can ruin a whole garden in no time.” Hebrews 12:14-15 – The Message Translation
“…you are poisoned by bitterness” Acts 8:23 NKJV
I see a lot of anger and bitterness in our country. Sometimes I think leaders and those who have a spotlight should demonstrate love, forgiveness and encouragement. Years ago, Andrew Young, a black leader, and former Mayor of Atlanta was speaking at an Atlanta church. He did not spend his time talking about bitterness, instead, he talked about forgiveness. He prayed that we would be a nation that practiced forgiveness.
Another great Black Leader, Booker T. Washington once wrote: “No man shall ever narrow or degrade my soul by making me hate him.” Lord Herbert gave the following admonition: “He who cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself.”
In the book, Common Sense Christianity, the late, Dr. Gerald Mann shares the following:
“I’m a fan of the NAACP. Their contribution to civil justice and the American conscience is without parallel. And this is not an empty accolade. Their work is not nearly done and should go on. But speaking of parallels, I’d like to see one alongside the NAACP. I’d call it the NAACF: “the National association for the Advancement of Confession and Forgiveness.” When something as evil as slavery is buried in a nation’s past, it can never be processed without confession and forgiveness. I can never do enough to atone for the sins of my fathers. All I can do is confess them and make sure they’re not repeated under my watch.”
My dear friends I want to be an active member of the NAACF. How about you?
Praying for Our Nation; Our Leaders and Victory over this Health Crisis.
- Sunday, March 29th Dennis Ivey Concert- Brazos Center- @ 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 4th Loads of Love from at 9:30: a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 509 W. 28th in Bryan or 500 N Texas Avenue -Bryan.
- Friday, April 10th Good Friday Service @ 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April12th Easter Service @ 10:00 a.m. Meal provided by the Church /No Sunday School or Evening Worship
- Churchwide Town Hall & Information on Sunday Evening on March 21st. Worship Music by Cater Creek Pickers/ Devotional and then Information Meeting and Approval of Financial Report for February.
A.M. A Holy Spirit Empowered Witness to a World that is in Crisis.” Acts 1:8
P.M. Your Fuel Gauge, Empty of Full! Ephesians 5:18
- Sunday Worship @ 10:00 a.m. & 5:00 p.m.
- Bible Study Opportunities this week:
- Sunday @ 9:00 a.m.; Market Place Bible Study
- Tuesday @ 10:00 a.m. @ Blue Baker on University
- Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. Meal; 6:00 p.m. Bible Study @ Holiday Inn Express Conference Room
Check out our Web Page: www.mycountryfellowship.com (you can give online)
- How do you join the Country Fellowship Church?
On the Welcome Table, you will find a Green Sheet. Take the Green Sheet and fill it out and drop it into the Bucket or bring it to the Pastor. After the Green Sheet is filled out, Pastor Charles will give you a call and visit with you.
- How do you give to the Ministry of Country Fellowship?
On the welcome table you will find offering envelopes. Put your check or cash into the envelope and drop it into the bucket. Each January you will receive a Contribution Statement that you can use with your tax return.
Country Fellowship Church is: Holiday Inn Express @ 3041 Plaza Centre Court, Bryan, Texas
Get your Roman Road Material and share the gospel with someone this week!