A Verse for a Father! Cast All or Keep All?
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you”. I Peter 5:7
In the Spring of 1992, I chose I Peter 5:7 as my “Life Verse.” Why? Well in the Fall of 1991, our only child, Andrea went off to Baylor to earn her degree. I was 41 and it seemed to me that we were too young to be an empty nester, plus our daughter was not home where we could protect and see her every day. It seemed that I was constantly worried about Andrea. In her 2nd semester, she became ill and the Doctors were quite concerned about her. That spring, I was preaching a series of sermons on I Peter. One week I was preparing a sermon from chapter 5. The verse, I Peter 5:7 grabbed my attention. Here is what I learned from that passage: “Casting all your care upon him” meant casting all your worries upon the Lord. That was a breath of fresh air for me. I needed to claim that promise. As I continued to study that promise, I found a catch to this verse. If you keep some of the cares then you must keep all the cares. The decision was to either cast them all or keep them all. The place for your concerns, worries, trials is “upon him.” The “Him” in the passage is reserved for those who know Him, and trust Him. The word for “care” is the Greek word, “melo.” It is a picture of a husband or a father that is obligated to care of his family. God’s word is telling us that He is our Father and He is obligated to take care of us for the rest of our lives and that His love and care will never fail.
Happy Father’s Day!
- Men please pick up your gift for Father’s Day today.
- The Daily Bread Devotional Books (June, July, August) are in. Please pick up your copy.
- Please visit our Resource Table. All items are free.
- Bible Study is each Sunday at 9:00 a.m. Come and join the study on the 10 Commandments.
- No Evening Service tonight
- 10:00 a.m. Thursday – Input-Output Meeting. We want to hear from you and also discuss a Summer outreach program called G.R.O.W.
- July 7 we will have a fellowship lunch after church
- Sat. July 13th– 6:30 p.m. We will Sponsor the Psalm’s Journey Concert at Calvary Fellowship. Learn more about the group on their website: http://psalmsjourney.com
- In August, the Brazos Senior Activity Center will have their annual Garage Sale. We will have more information on this event. Start looking for items that you can bring to help this amazing organization.
- Sunday P.M. August 4th 1st Anniversary of Church Launch/ Speaker: Dr. David Hardage, Executive Director of BGCT will speak and Christian Country Western Band will provide the music.
Texas Baptists- Baptist General Convention of Texas has just approved Country Fellowship Church to receive 2,000.00 a month for 30 months. This will begin in August. We are thankful for their support and the confidence that they have in the future of Country Fellowship Church.
Pray for our Church Campuses at Watercrest & Waldenbrooke
God is blessing the work and ministry there. Thanks for Campus Ministers: Donna Busbee; Donald Barker; Dave & Jean Godwin; Ross & Fran Hooks; Wayne Rediker
G.R.O.W. OUTREACH TEAMS THAT WIN!
G.R.O.W. stands for God Rewards Our Work. Don’t let the title fool you, God still does all the work… but He does it through YOU! You can impact your community by writing letters, making phone calls, or going out to visit. Come to the Input Output Meeting (10:00am Thursday) and learn about this great outreach strategy for Country Fellowship.
May’s Financial Summary:
Checking Account Balance: $23,948.43
Catch us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CountryFellowship
Our Web Page: www.mycountryfellowship.com
(You can give to Country Fellowship/Click Partners on the web page)