Keeping Stress from Becoming Distress!
When Elijah was Distressing about his life. God gave him four suggestions -(I Kings19)
- Rest Your Body. Elijah would nourish his body, eat and relax.
- Release Your Frustrations. He would pour out his heart and feelings to God.
- Refocus on God. In I Kings 19, God said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord.” Now we can’t do that since we are in lockdown mode. Yet, we can seek the face of God. He is near all the time. We just need to get in the Word and Pray.
- Resume Serving Others. In times like these keep on serving others. Call someone. Send someone a text or email. Help someone. Charles
Stressed? Read the following verses:
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- “Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.” Proverbs 29:11
- “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.” Ephesians 4:26-27
- “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” Ephesians 4:31-32
- “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
- “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13
- “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Thanks for joining us on our Facebook for Live Streaming Worship.
The Observance of the Lord’s Supper this Sunday.
This Sunday is Easter Sunday. I want us to have the Observance of the Lord’s Supper. Here is how we can do it. This Friday, April 10th from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. come by the event center where we meet at the Holiday Inn. Drive to the back-parking lot and there will be a table outside the event entrance. There will be a prepackage: Juice & Bread. In the early part of our service Sunday Morning we will observe the Lord’s Supper online together. If you cannot come by and pick-up the containers, then just use your own bread and juice.
Catch and Share us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CountryFellowship/
You can send your offering to Country Fellowship Church- P.O. Box 10652, College Station, Texas 77842 or go to our Web Page: www.mycountryfellowship.com and then click on “partner with us.” This is a way that you can give online.
If you need anything then just call on me. We are here to help you. If you are discouraged and just want to talk and pray, then call on me. We are blessed to be a part of the Country Fellowship Church Family!
Pastor Charles & Nancy
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” Galatians 6:9-10
Nancy wanted to share the following quotes with you.
- “Peace happens when People Pray” -Max Lucado
- “As you sense anxiety welling up inside you, cast it in the direction of Christ. Do so specifically and immediately.” -Max Lucado