Don’t Hang Up on God?
Someone asked Mother Teresa, “You pray hours a day. What do you talk about all that time?” She said, “Mostly, I just listen.” That was puzzling to the questioner. “You listen to God? What does He say?” She answered, “Mostly He just listens too.” The Apostle Paul tells us that when it comes to prayer we never stop praying. Pray without ceasing.” (I Thessalonians 5:17).
A couple of weeks ago, I told you in my sermon that Barna Research tells us that the average Christian prays less than 1 minute a day, and the average pastor prays less than 5 minutes. Would you know the total of all the minutes of your conversations with God?
The Writer/Pastor/ Cartoonist Joe McKeever wrote the following:
“As a third grader walking up that West Virginia mountaintop to school each morning, I would often talk to the Lord about various subjects. However, in my childlike understanding, I would not say “amen” at the conclusion of the prayer. To do so seemed the equivalent of hanging up the phone, and the last thing I wanted to do was to cut the Lord off. I wanted Him involved in all I was doing all day long.”
I must pray without ceasing. We must pray without ceasing. I have told the Lord in the last few weeks that I will commit more time to pray. “I don’t want to hang up on God.”
Where is Pastor Charles today? I am with the Corsicana Cowboy Church this morning. Each October, I am the guest preacher for my Pastor friend Derek. When I served as Western Heritage Director for Texas Baptists, we partnered together to begin this great church. I will be preaching to 700 to 800 people this morning. Please keep me in your prayers. Travis Bryan III will preach for CFC this morning. I know that you will be blessed. Travis studies hard and is a very gifted teacher so you are in good hands.
Get some “Grace for America Flyers” this morning and hand them out and invite people to come and hear Rafeal Cruz @ Aldersgate Church on October 9th @ 6:00 p.m.
What a Friend we have in Jesus! Thanks for allowing me to be your Pastor and Preacher. I never take that for granted. I am so blessed.
Blessings! Pastor Charles /Galatians 6:9-10
- Prayer Meeting – Oct 4th – 6pm
- Friday Bible Study – Oct 6th – 9am
- Gospel Music Jam – Oct 6th – 6pm
- Prayer Meeting – Oct 11th – 6pm
- Friday Bible Study – Oct 13th – 9am
- Men’s Breakfast – Oct 14th – 8am
- Grace for America Rally – Oct 19th – 6pm
- at Aldersgate Church
- Sisterhood of Joy – Oct 24th – 11am
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/countryfellowship/
- Online church – https://countryfellowshipbcs.online.church/
- Website – https://mycountryfellowship.com
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/CountryFellowship
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/@countryfellowship
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/CountryFellows1
- Nextdoor –https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/?profile_id=74766012
- Nextdoor CF Friends – https://nextdoor.com/g/b14l0b3lz/
Please like our posts and share them in your feed.