Prophecy is an Important Subject!
When I was a young pastor, I was playing tennis with three other pastors. Two of us were brand new pastors and two were older pastors. When we took a short break, I brought up the subject of preaching about “Prophecy in the Bible.” I remember that the two older pastors told me that they mention it from time to time in their preaching but seldom preached a full sermon about the Second Coming of Christ. That was over 40 years ago, and I think there are still many pastors who still shy away from preaching on the Return of Christ or what we call the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
Here is why I think a pastor should preach on Prophecy and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ:
- One out of every 30 verses in the Bible mentions Christ’s return or the end time.
- Of the 216 chapters in the N.T., there are well over 300 references to the return of Jesus Christ.
- Only 4 of the 27 N.T. books fail to mention Christ’s return.
- 20% of the N.T. is dedicated to the subject of our Lord’s return
- In the O.T. it talks more about the 2nd Coming of Christ then His 1st Coming.
- Christ spoke of His return often, especially after He revealed His death.
- A good number of His Parables reflect His Return.
Today we start a six-week study on Prophecy. Please try to be here at every service. Please bring your family and friends. The Holy Spirit can touch their hearts as they hear about the news concerning the subject of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
The King is Coming! I’m Ready, are You?
Sunday Evening Fellowship Tonight after Church!
Bring Your Mexican Dish Tonight.
This Tuesday 5-21 @ the Center @ 1:30 p.m.
Jabez Expansion Prayer Conference Tonight!