4 WORDS that will give you HOPE!
Do you ever feel that our world is out of whack or just upside down? Sometimes I ask myself, “What is happening to our society? Do you ever feel like that old country song title, “Stop the World & Let Me Off?” There is Good News from God’s Word! I am talking about information that will encourage you and give you hope. Look at these four words. Believe these four words: “GOD WILL NOT CHANGE!”
“For I, the LORD, do not change…” Malachi 3:6
As an 18 year -old Freshman Student taking Theology 101, I learned that Malachi 3:6 talks about the “Immutability of God.” The Immutability of God means that God does not Change. That was good news for me because, we had race riots; anti-war demonstrations and the Viet Nam War going on. Also, we were at the beginning stages of the Hong Kong Flu that would kill 100,000+ Americans. The Immutability of God was so comforting to me then as it is now. My God Will Not Change. Change may be all around us but God does not change. In the midst of world-wide transition God does not change. Here is what I learned in that class and have never forgotten:
- God’s Standards Do Not Change. “Thy righteousness is like the great mountains.” (Psalm 36:6) The Psalmist saw mountains as a picture that meant unmovable and unchanging. His righteousness will not Change. It is sad that we have seen churches compromise God’s Standards. We need to continue to raise God’s Standards.
- God’s Promises Do Not Change. There are over 7,500 Promises in God’s Word. Paul Powell used to say, “Mix them up with faith and they become personal. They are like sacks of cement that must be mixed in order to be used.”
- God’s Demands Do Not Change. HE still wants us to be Faithful and Obedient. Solomon put it this way, “Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. Ecclesiastes 12:13
I like this translation of Hebrews 13:8 “In light of the present realities- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.”
“But You are the same-and Your years will have no end.” Psalm 102:27
Nancy and I love our church family and it is an honor and privilege to serve God here.
Love you Church Family
- Information Meeting on Tuesday, July 21 @ 10:00 a.m. @ Holiday Inn Event Center
- Take a Yard Sign today and place it in your yard.
- Is there something that God has called on you to do in our church? If there is a particular area that you would like to minister in then let Pastor Charles know. We need new ideas and new people involved. It is amazing what can happen when we serve in the areas that called has called to.
- Sunday Worship @ 8:30 a.m. & 10:15 a.m. (Watch Worship Services on Facebook plus Ross Hooks Bible Study Series)
Catch and Share us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CountryFellowship/ You can send your offering to Country Fellowship Church- P.O. Box 10652, College Station, Texas 77842 or go to our Web Page: www.mycountryfellowship.com and then click on “partner with us.” This is a way that you can give online. On the Back Table we have the Offering Bucket; Envelopes; The Current Copies of the Daily Bread and Mature Living.
What then will be there for us? Grace Wins! Matt. 19:27-30; 20:1-16
The Greatest Parable on Grace!
What do we see:
- There is Comfort – We all have an opportunity to serve God.
- There is Compassion- We serve a compassionate God. He paid them all the same.
- There is Generosity –All get paid. All service to God ranks the same.
It is all in the Arithmetic of Grace. As Phillip Yancey says, “ God’s New Math.”
Let’s all embrace Brennan Manning’s quote: “ I am the one Jesus loves.”
Hey, you know what, “God is fond of you.”
- If you have a prayer request call Jan Higgins @ 979-279-6988
- Thanks Carter Creek Pickers for the Worship Music today.
- The Hazel Family in Concert on Sun. August 9th at 8:30 a.m. & 10:15 a.m.
You need to laugh:
- Why wouldn’t the Electrician wire the house? He thought it was revolting!
- The Turkey asked the Farmer, “Why isn’t there anything on my calendar after November?
- “He or she that stuffs themselves is a glutton, and his or her arteries shall turn to stone, and he or she will pay many a dollar to the physician.” Hezekiah 5:2 OUCH!