Charles Comment: Isn’t that in the Bible?
- “The Lord (or God) works in mysterious ways”
- “A fool and his money are soon parted”
- “This too shall pass”
- “Money is the root of all evil”
- “Charity begins at home”
- “To thine own self be true”
- “Cleanliness is next to godliness”
- And there is this one:
- “God helps those who help themselves”
About 15 years ago I did a series called, “Is that really in the Bible?” None of the above sayings are mentioned in the Bible. Now there is a lot of truth and some value in those sayings. How many times have we heard ourselves or others say well you know what the Bible says? Jim Denison in his book titled,”Empowered” talks about one of those sayings: “God helps those who help themselves.” He cites that 70% of Americans believe that quote comes from the Bible. This saying actually comes from an Englishman named Algernon Sidney in 1698. The saying was made famous by Benjamin Franklin.
God does not help those who help themselves. He will though help us if we seek Him and His help. The great thing that God does for us, is that He empowers us with His Holy Spirit. “Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts.” Zechariah 4:6; “The kingdom of God does not consist in talk but power.” I Corinthians 4:20
In what the media calls the “New Normal” let’s walk in His Power. With the Power of God upon us, in us and through us we will do Ok. “Ok?”
Keep streaming with us on Facbook. The Carter Creek Pickers will do our music this Sunday Morning at 10:00 a.m. Tell your friends and neighbors about our Facebook Live Stream. I miss seeing our church family. Each Sunday, I feel your prayers & I appreciate them. God is working. I am already seeking the hand of God on how we need to do Church in this “New Normal”. This Sunday Morning, I will share with you about the Christ that Never Changes. Just think, even in what the Media calls the “New Normal,” Jesus Christ is still the same yesterday, today and forever.” Heb. 13:8- Pastor Charles- Call or Text me @ 979/2299342
One more thing from Pastor Charles: Sometimes, you might think that we are not making a difference. Last night, I talked to a Pastor in another city that has been watching and reading about Country Fellowship Church. He wants me to coach him through the process of starting a Church where he lives. In another month, I will give to you more information about this.
Remember this: God is always calling us to the next opportunity, the next challenge and the next place of service. Complacency is the enemy of Spiritual Power. We are here to help you. If you are discouraged and just want to talk and pray, then call on me.
Connecting the Dots with Ross! Ross Hooks, has started his weekly Bible Study up. He is doing it online. It will be live on Wed. Evenings. Go to his Facebook Page (Ross Hooks) and “Friend “ him. Then you can go to his Bible Study each week.
Happy Birthday! This past week Geneva Eubanks and Ross Hooks had a Birthday.
Catch and Share us on Facebook and watch our live stream service: www.facebook.com/CountryFellowship/
You can send your offering to Country Fellowship Church- P.O. Box 10652, College Station, Texas 77842 or go to our Web Page: www.mycountryfellowship.com and then click on “partner with us.” This is a way that you can give online.
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” Galatians 6:9-10
Prayer updates since last week:
- Shirley Fowler’s, daughter, Vicky passed away last Thursday, and the funeral was this past Monday. Please keep Shirley’s family in your prayers. If you would like to send Shirley a card her address is: 11160 Deer Run College Station, TX 77845; Haley,
- Charlene Broome’s Great Granddaughter, Haley who has leukemia is having a Spinal Tap; Chemo and a Port put in this Friday. Haley will be 2 years old in May. Pray for this precious child and her parents.
- Sherri Williams’ Sister’s 13-year-old Grandson, Luke is in a hospital in Tel-Aviv with Leukemia. He has had an allergic reaction to the Chemo. They are looking at an alternative treatment. Pray for Luke, his parents and the medical staff.