Changed Attitudes Mean Changed Live! The Attitude of Adeline!
This past week, I read about, Adeline Reynolds. Adeline was an amazing lady. After years of housekeeping she began a new career as an actress at the age of seventy. She had developed some positive attitudes and realized life was not over for her. She started sleeping on the floor. She started taking lessons in swimming, horseback riding, tap-dancing and even fencing. In her eighties she said, “I keep myself limber by always doing something.”
I was so intrigued by Adeline, that I did a little research on her.
- She was born on September 19, 1862
- She died on August 13, 1961 (27 days before her 100th Birthday)
- Her First Movie debut was at the age of 78. She played the Grandmother to James Stewart in the Movie, “Come Live With Me.”
- She played in 25 movies plus numerous television appearances.
- She was an active actress up into the time she died.
Here is a lady that made it almost to her 100th birthday. (It was very rare in the 1960’s to even live to be 90) Here is a lady that was full of life in all the days of her life. I ask this question, “If Adeline would not have changed the course of her life at 70, would she have lived to be a few days short of 100?” What attitude do you need to change? What new things have you learned in the past year or even five years.
Get off the Bench! Do something new in your life.
Pastor Charles 972-983-7968
It is great to have our Pulpit Guest, Ryan Higgs and Dr. Don Rice. We are Blessed People to have these men. Try to get to know these two men. Pray that God will continue to use them in a mighty way.
Remember: Sunday’s at 9:00 a.m. Bible Study; Worship is @ 10:00 a.m. & 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m., Word on Wednesday @Suites on 6
- November 10- Special 7 Minute Video about “ Voice on the Martyrs”
- November 12- Input -Output Meeting at 10:00 a.m. @ Suites on 6
- November 17- Observance of the Lord’s Supper
- November 23- Loads of Love. 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. @ 526 W. 28th ;
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. @ 500 N. Texas Avenue
- November 24- 10:00 a.m. Branded in Concert- Lunch to Follow-Cook Out (No Evening Service)
- December 8- 5:00 p.m. Church Wide Christmas Party @ Watercrest
How do you join the Country Fellowship Church?
On the Welcome Table, you will find a Green Sheet. Take the Green Sheet and fill it out and drop it into the Bucket or bring it to the Pastor. After the Green Sheet is filled out, Pastor Charles will give you a call and visit with you.
How do you give to the Ministry of Country Fellowship?
On the welcome table you will find offering envelopes. Put your check or cash into the envelope and drop it into the bucket. Each January you will receive a Contribution Statement that you can use with your tax return.